Monday morning is the most pivotal time of the week. It sets the mood for how the rest of your week is going to go. Whether you’re in school or working full time, your Monday morning mindset is the key to a successful week. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people lies in what action they take on Monday morning. Personally, I love Monday mornings. Here’s a list of things that I do that have helped me be more successful each week, and pay also help you!
- Wake up earlier than usual on Monday – Getting quality beauty sleep is certainly important, but so is waking up early. If you oversleep on Monday, you won’t have time for your morning workout, nor will you have time to leisurely sip your morning coffee while perusing the latest articles on Cosmo. The earlier you get started, the earlier you can finish.
- Sit down and plan out your week – If you know me at all, you know I’m obsessed with my Passion Planner. At the beginning of each week (Sunday nights), I make a point to sit down and spend 20 minutes planning out my tasks for each day and things I need to accomplish. I down all of the little things & big things alike…which bills need paid, a reminder to call my grandpa, reminders to make copies at school. If you do this Sunday night, you’ll feel much better about starting your week, because you’ll know exactly what’s coming.
- Clean your workspace – Spending time organizing your desk or office is a tedious task, but if you make a habit of doing it first thing on Monday morning, you’re more likely to stay organized and on top of things throughout the week.
- Create a goal-list and to-do list – Taking 5 minutes to create goal & to-do list refocuses your brain from the weekend to the work week. Map out your daily goals & weekly goals, and be sure to make this list manageable. Make a list for long-term goals and short-terms goals, and go from there. Map out all of the steps it will take to get to your long-term goal. Create a to-do list, & check off each item that you complete.
- Do what makes you feel good – If you don’t like eating a big breakfast, don’t eat a big breakfast. If a Venti skinny Vanilla latte is going to put you in a good mood (talking about myself), get yourself a VSKL on your way to work. Don’t feel guilty about doing what makes you happy.
- Inbox to Zero – Check all of your emails from the weekend, and reply to the ones that require a response. It wouldn’t hurt to also reply to emails from last week that you forgot about. Make sure you’ve read work and personal emails, so your Inbox has zero unread messages.
What are some things that you do on Monday’s in order to have a successful week? Leave your answer in the comments below!