Over the course of the past six months, I have somehow morphed into a total foodie. I am obsessed with trying new food and new places. I love eating local & hitting all the hot spots. But eating out can get very expensive very quickly. Colin and I have began to play around in the kitchen, and I’d love to share some of our favorite recipes!
Our cooking style is very…experimental. We like to throw different combinations of ingredients in the skillet and call it a day. We don’t claim to be expert chefs, but we are trying to eat healthier. And while we aren’t religiously shopping at whole foods, we have stopped eating fried foods and have limited our soda/alcohol consumption.
This past week, we have been on a chicken kick. We are obsessed! Below, I’ve included tonight’s recipe (ish), cooking compliments of Colin!
Back to Basics Chicken & Greens (for 2)
– 1lb of boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, cut into cubes/chunks
-1 cup of diced tomatoes
-1 cup of spinach
-15-20 Asparagus stalks (is that even the right word?!) chopped
-olive oil/butter…whichever you prefer!
1) Melt a tablespoon of butter in your skillet over medium heat
2) Add tomatoes, sautée for 2-3 minutes
3) Add chopped chicken, mixing as you cook. Be sure chicken is completely cooked! No pink
4) Add chopped asparagus and more butter (or olive oil, if you’re healthy like that)
5) Add any seasonings/spices you prefer. We prefer salt and pepper, seasoned salt, and chili powder!
6) Sautee until completely cooked & enjoy!